The 2nd Annual Semantic
Web Conference 2005 was held at the Adelmar Knossos Royal Village-
Conference Center. It is located in Limon Hersonissou, Crete 700,
14 Greece. The Aldemar Knossos Royal Village Hotel is superbly located
right on the sandy shores of northern Crete, only 23 Km from Heraklion
International Airport and within walking distance from the lively
resort of Hersonissos- only 2 km away.
For more information about the resort, please visit: http://www.aldemar.gr/page/default.asp?la=1&id=14
For reservations, please send the following reservation form by fax to: +30-28970-23150: pdf version | Word Version
Room Cancellation policy
- The deadline for reservations made directly by conference participants
is on 08.05.2005
- For all cancellations made by the participants until 08.05.2005 there will be no cancellation fees
- For all cancellations made by the participants from 09.05 until 15.05.2005 there will be a charge equal to 1 overnight, for the cancelled rooms.
- For all cancellations made by the participants from 16.05.2005 until 26.05.2005 there will be a charge equal to 3 overnights for the cancelled rooms.
- For all cancellations made by the participants from 27.05.2005 or/and for NON-SHOW guests, there will be a charge equal to reservation's overnights (full charge), for the cancelled rooms
Crete is the largest of all the Greek islands, it's the most southerly island in Greece, bordered by the Sea of Crete to the North and Sea of Libya to the south. Crete is divided into four main areas. From the west to the east Chania, Rethimmon, Iraklion and Lassithi. The main city is Heraklion, it's known as the key business centre of Crete.
Currency: The Euro
How to get there:
There are three international airports that you can fly into: Heraklion airport, Akrotiri airport close to Chania and Sitia airport. For international flights you will usually have to fly via Athens, except for charter flights or a few companies that fly directly to Crete.
You can take the ferry from/to Piraeus to/from Heraklion, Chania (Souda harbor), Rethymnon, Agios Nikolaos and Sitia. There are also ferries to Santorini and various other islands. Traveling by ferry is more affordable than traveling by plan and the ships are modern, safe and fast. They depart late at night and arrive early in the morning of the next day.